Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Workshop Wednesdays: Basic Finishing

Workshops are up on the website and with that brings a new series of Workshop Wednesday posts.

I am starting out the series for this year with one of my favorites. Donna Arney is one of my very good friends. She shares a booth with me at every show I do. One of the qualities I most admire about Donna is the patient way she is able to teach people new things. She has a very loyal following of students who sign up for her classes year after year. She also has a very loyal following of students who took her classes week after week at her local yarn shop. When she asked her students last year what class she should teach this year they said one on Basic Finishing and so that's what we have decided to put together. This is just the basics, but done very well. Donna plans on covering Kitchener and Mattress Stitch, weaving in ends, picking up stitches, and 3-needle bind-off. If there is time she also plans on covering button holes, i-cord, blocking, and zippers. Knowing Donna I am sure she would also be open to questions you specifically have with finishing a garment and will tailor the class around what the class would like to learn about.

Registration for classes begins January 7th. Make sure to keep this class in mind when you sign up!

No comments: