Monday, October 15, 2012

Valencia #2

Isn't it pretty? When I was putting together kits on the website, I realized that the XS size only takes 2 skeins of Superwash Worsted (Color Summer Sky)! I had to have a new one for my booth, so I got yarn and pattern to my sample knitter Jill and she made this up for me! I got it just in time for Oregon Flock and Fiber!



This pattern has a lot of negative ease. The XS size is 20", but due to the ribbing and stretch it can fit my mannequin with a 34" bust. That's right 14" of negative ease! Still it looks wonderful, especially paired with a light summery skirt. Which means if you start knitting now it will be done just in time for Spring/Summer. 
 
Here is the back side. I could also picture this worn over a cream or black turtleneck for the winter months, which would make this a year round top. It's so cute! I think it would look really great in any of my other semi-solids, such as Sea Turtle, Berry Pie, or Bordeaux. Plus when you buy the yarn and pattern together in a kit you get a 10% discount on yarn. Check out the pattern page to find out more!

No comments: