Monday, February 28, 2011

Interesting...

I was catching up on blogs while on vacation and I was reading the Blue Moon Blog when I came across their latest post. The part I found very interesting was that they dye their yarn when it is ordered versus keeping it on hand. I can see where it would work because once the yarn is prepared for dyeing it only takes a day or two to dye it, steam it, rinse it, and let it dry. I'm not planning on changing anything I do in the near future, but I thought it was rather interesting to think about. Other dyers out there, what do you think about dyeing to order? Customers, what do you think about a day or 2 wait to ship?

Also, I want to remind everyone that I'll be at For Yarn's Sake with lots of pretty yarn this Sunday, March 6th, for the Portland Yarn Crawl. Hope to see you there!

No comments: