Friday, October 22, 2010

OFFF & Valencia

Ok, I am going to get caught up a little at a time. First off, here is the booth at Oregon Flock & Fiber:


As you can see it is packed with lots of yarn and goodies. It was loads of fun, as usual. Only Sunday it poured down rain on us, which is a first for this show. Still it was lots of fun to see everyone and hang out with Donna and Chrissy of Gardiner Yarn Works.


The Thursday before OFFF I finished the Valencia Sweater! Perfect timing since setup was on Friday. This is the front as modeled by Maud. It turned out a little big on me. I probably should have stuck with the smaller size, since the ribbing gives it lots of room. I might just need to knit another one of these to find out! Maud is also sporting the Farmers Market Bag also by Gardiner Yarn Works. A perfect accent to the sweater in my opinion.
The back of the Valencia sweater has another twisting cable pattern, which is much easier than it looks. You can see it puckers a little at the top of the cable. That's because I didn't have enough time to block it before the show. Now that I have washed it that part lays flat. I really loved knitting this sweater. I love that it is all in one piece, including the cap sleeves. The pattern is well written and a joy to knit!

As a reminder, the $10 or less yarn sale extravaganza is still going on in the shop! This includes many favorites including Silky Sock yarn, Twist, Wool Singles, and more! It's perfect for the holidays, which are right around the corner. Make sure you check it out!

No comments: