Saturday, September 11, 2010

Dice Bag!

I took a tiny break from my Valencia Sweater to knit up a quick gift for a friend's birthday. Since her party was last night, I can now share it with you:


It's a Call of Cthulhu dice bag (Rav link). It was definitely a big hit with my gaming friend. I also got some big hints from some of my other friends that they wouldn't mind being the owner of a similar bag. We'll see...maybe Christmas =). Anyway, the pattern is a free one, which you can find here! I did modify it a little bit. The gauge for the project was a bit tighter than I knit so I knit the body of it on US6s, but I thought that would be too tight for the colorwork so I knit that part on US8s. I would have possibly used US7s, but for some odd reason I don't own any. The yarn was from my stash. I used Nashua Superwash in Olive and Cascade 220 Superwash in Black. I think it worked out perfectly. The only other thing I changed was the top and bottom colorwork border. I had the green go every other stitch instead of every 4th, because I wanted it to end evenly. One of those personal preferences. I'm sure you will see what I mean if you knit the pattern yourself. Overall a very fun and quick gift to knit for one of the gamers in my life. =)

No comments: