Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Whale of a Hat!

Ok, I have a few minutes to breath and write a blog post! 4th of July was awesome! It's our first in our new home, so I wasn't sure how it would go. It was great! I already have plans for next year. X was awesome too. He slept right through the big booming fireworks and barely fussed during the whole day!


Anyway, now that the 4th is over and I have mostly recovered from Black Sheep, I can get caught up on my knitting on here. I made this hat for X (rav link) because it was near impossible to find him a sun hat. I used the leftover Tencel Sock Yarn in Summer Sky (from my Birch Scarf) doubled to make this hat. I really like this trick. If you have lots of sock yarn you can double it and substitute it for worsted weight yarn, which is perfect for a quick baby hat! The pattern is FiberTrends Whales & Sails hat. As you can see it is a bit big on him, but that means he can grow into it over the summer. I plan on making him the Sails hat for next summer. I also made him another hat I'll show you soon and finally found one at Old Navy. So he will have lots of options over the summer!

No comments: