Friday, June 29, 2007

Happy Anniversary!

Today is my 5th wedding anniversary, so in honor of it I thought I would put up this meme.

I was tagged by Froggin' Knitter back in May for this meme:

2 things you compliment your husband on while in his presence:

1. His beautiful curly hair/ how cute he is.
2. The way that he helps around the house.

2 compliments you give about your husband to others:

1. He does dishes. This apparently rates very highly among people that I have told.
2. He looks out for me.

2 Traits you married him for:

1. His hair.
2. We are both very goal oriented and have similar ideas about what we want to accomplish in our lives.

2 days you cherished most being together with your husband:

1.Our wedding day. 3 days before I had my first surgery and had no idea that I had Crohn's, not to mention I only weighed 105 and my size 8 wedding dress (more like a 4 or 6) hung off of me. He married me and took excellent care of me during that 1st year. More than I could have ever imagined.

2. Every day! He is a great man and I love him so much. I cherish every day that I have with him.

2 Material things you would give your husband if you inherited a fortune:

1. A house where he could have an office with subflooring, where he could have all the tech gadgets and such that he could ever wish for.
2. A trip, just the two of us, to Europe.

2 things you would miss most if he left for 2 weeks (strangely, this one could happen, since Google loves to ship their guys all over the place to visit other locations):

1. Him sleeping next to me at night. I found this out when I was traveling and we were apart before. I am slightly afraid of the dark, but when he is there I'm not.
2. Having him to talk to and give me a hug when I need one.

2 things that crossed your mind the first time you met your future husband:

1. I wondered if I had hurt his feelings. The first time I really noticed him was when these 2 girls tried to tell me that he wanted to know if I would go to Home Coming with him (we met in high school and I had just moved back to Hood River at the time). I said no, but that was because I had a firm belief that if a guy was too chicken to ask me out himself then he wasn't worth going out with. I felt really bad afterwards, but was a complete intravert at the time. Come to find out the girls were just being mean and he had no idea it was going on at the time.

2. I later actually met my husband to be when I took a computer programming class. I thought he had really cute curly hair and wanted to run my fingers through it, but never actually dared to do it until we were engaged.

2 favorite dates:

1. Going out for Halibut Fish & Chips in college and then going for long drives to get out of "the city."
2. Going to see Love Actually in theaters for the first time.

2 funny, odd things you love about your husband:

1. Hobbit feet. He has red hairy feet that reminds me of a Hobbit, but not as bad as the movie ones.
2. He is totally amused by completely ridiculous things on the internet, such as the badger song, Magical Trevor or the llama song.

2 places you have lived with your husband:

1. Eugene, OR.
2. Hood River, OR.

2 favorite vacations:

1. Day trips to Newport, OR
2. Camping last summer.

2 people to tag:

I'll leave it open to whoever wants to do it, just let me know if you decide to in the comments.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Doogie and I just wrote up our version of the meme for August.

Penny said...

Happy Anniversary!! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

Magical Trevor and The Llama Song are pretty funny, but I didn't like the Badger Song.

Khadijha Caitlin said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I waited for my wedding anniversary to answer this meme. Thanks for posting it!