Wednesday, December 27, 2006

6 Weird Things

For those of you that were worrying, Blair and I are very safe when we travel in winter weather. When going up Mt Hood we stick strictly to Hwy 35 and only leave it for ploughed areas with lots of people. No sense in getting stuck up there. Anyway, I was tagged by Tammy of Lavendar Knits for the 6 Weird things meme.

Ok, some of this has been put on my blog before, but I think you would have to be a pretty long time reader to get it. I will try and keep it original though:
  1. I was born on the 6th day of the 6th month at 6:36am. Which I think might have just gotten rid of all of the fundamentalist Christians who read my blog. Seriously though I think the doctor really just had a bad sense of humor, I mean why wasn't I born at 6:35 or 6:37? Though because of it 6 is my favorite number and has always brought me luck.
  2. I graduated a year early from high school, then spent 5 years in college to make up for it.
  3. I was 22 when I got my driver's license. My husband was the one who actually taught me to drive after we were married. I really didn't (and still don't) have a great need to drive. In Eugene (where I went to college) there is an awesome bus system that goes everywhere. Here in Hood River I can walk to just about everywhere I need to go.
  4. Even though Hood River is considered an outdoor haven for all things athletic I am really not involved with any of them. I don't windsurf (or particularly want to have anything to do with a sport that involves a possible mouthful of the Columbia River. ick!), nor do I boat, ski, or snowboard. I am perfectly happy with my knitting as my only sport.
  5. I still sleep with the teddy bear that I received when I was 1 year old. When I am without it I snuggle my blankets. My bear is a white polar bear by Gund, his name is Gunda, and was given to me by my great-grandmother on my very first birthday.
  6. I consider myself an artist even though according to what I learned in art school I would be considered a crafter. I think that is part of why I never got my BFA and don't have any intention of ever getting one. I enjoy making things for the love of making them, whether it is a simple pattern for a pair of functional mittens or a gorgeously painted one of a kind skein of yarn. In my eyes they are all art and so I consider myself an artist.
I am going to tag Sarah, Sabrina, Destiny and Blair. Oh, and anyone else who wants to do it can do it too, just leave me a comment. I have actually gotten a kick out of reading several of these around the web.

PS. If you would like to see some more pictures of my Christmas knitting, check out my husband's post on Christmas.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I sleep with a Gund white polar bear too. My husband picked it up at a sidewalk sale as a peace offering after an arguement when we were first married.

Thanks for the link for the knitted tree. I think that's the best make your own tree I've seen so far. :D

Anonymous said...

Oh, go ahead and tag me. I've never been tagged before!