Friday, January 20, 2006

Knitting Olympics

I have been so busy lately. The biggest thing has been The Knitting Olympics, which I have gone totally crazy with. I really wanted to start a Knitting Olympics here locally with our just starting baby knitting group. Luckily, Sarah agreed with me and was willing to give whoever actually completed something as crazy as the knitting olympics a $10 gift certificate to the store (Knot Another Hat). It just makes me so happy to have sponsorship and that other people are just as crazy as I am to actually do it.

Here is the project that I have decided to do:


This is another sweater out of the Elsebeth Lavold book. I have really been wanting to make my husband a sweater. We have been married 3.5 years, so I think that it is safe to make such a big project. I am currently spinning the yarn for this beautiful baby. It is a soft fawn llama and I will hopefully have pics up of it soon. I just have to get the over 2 lbs of it spun and washed before the olympics start on February 10! With that I should get back to spinning.

No comments: