Friday, May 04, 2007

Baby Shower

This week has been a bit long, but I finally have some time to tell you all about the baby shower that Destiny and I threw for Sarah last Sunday:


Here is the party in action. You can kinda see a little bit of everything. My big thing was to put up a clothesline and hang bitty things from it. By the end of the party it was covered with adorable girly things for Sarah's baby. I got the idea from The Blue Blog, where her friends all knit booties for Alison. You can see more pictures on Sarah's Blog.

These are the lovely treats that I ordered from South Bank. They were really tasty and I highly recommend them for events or just for stopping by for lunch or dinner. I also went and changed out the jelly beans for pink ones. We're a bit sugar happy in the shop and we love our jellybellys. This is before the cake got here. Destiny was in charge of the cake. She was the coolest person to plan a baby shower with. She totally rocked at figuring out details I wouldn't have even thought about, like providing a small lunch for all of us. She totally rocks!


I had a lot of fun making little things for Sarah. I saw this cherry corduroy and just had to have it. Sarah grew up in a cherry orchard and her parents still farm cherries. I just knew that she would love it and so would her mother. They are both cherry fiends. This was a lot of fun to make, though a bit more difficult than the pink cotton one I made earlier.


Don't worry, I didn't forget to knit something. This is the Perlemor Cardigan from Dale of Norway Soft Treasures book. I mentioned this book awhile back when I was making baby booties. Apparently it has been discontinued, so I will treasure my book even more than before. This cardigan was a lot of fun to knit. It is knit with the body up to the armpits, then the sleeves up to the same point, and then all joined in the round. It means a minimal amount of sewing. The only daunting part is that it is knit on 0s and 2s. I knit it out of Dale of Norway Stork, which is 100% Egyptian Cotton and is machine washable. The yarn was wonderful to work with and perfect for a summer baby.


The other object that I finished in time for the baby shower is the Croisette top. Here it is blocking. I should try and get a good picture of it on the model at the store. It is really cute. There are a couple of mistakes in the pattern that aren't too hard to figure out if you are an experienced knitter. It really only took me 4 afternoons, so probably 8-10 hours all together to make, which is really good. The specs again are: Cap Sleeve Sweater by Dovetail Designs made out of Croisette color Monet #203. It is knit on #11US.

Shop News: I should have lace yarn up in my shop very soon. I started working for Knot Another Hat this week in preparation for Sarah's maternity leave, so things might be a bit slower for awhile. I'll keep all of you guys informed as I go.

4 comments:

Tina T-P said...

Hi - I enjoy your blog and have nominated you for the Thinking Blogger Award - check it out here:
http://ablipontheradar.blogspot.com/2007/05/wow.html

:-) Tina

Khadijha Caitlin said...

Hi there west coast gal - I'm still shopping!!!!!
Bye for now from your secret sock pal

Khadijha Caitlin said...

Well now that I've ruined that secret because I'm a toal nerd and forgot to choose Anonymous you know who I am. SO SO SO Sorry. I'm a horrible geek.

Sabrina Hirsch said...

Wow, that looked like such a fun party, and such nice gifts, nice work vonnie!