Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Yarn!

I have been busy, busy, busy with yarn and more yarn. Last night was my big dye and wine night and it turned out awesome. I don't have photos, but Sarah should have some up soon. I'll post a link when they are up, since she is moving her blog soon. I do, however, have pictures of all the yarn that is going up on etsy soon. I have already posted up some yarn to my etsy shop, so check it out there is more to come.


This is the brand new ribbon yarn. I really love this stuff. After Sarah saw it she promptly went and bought 2 1/2 pounds of it. We got to dye it at the dye workshop. Now I just need to come up with a project for 8 oz of ribbon yarn. Annie Modesitt has been designing some rather pretty things with ribbon yarn, so maybe I will come up with something. Both Sarah and Sabrina thought that the Chocolate raspberry ribbon would go really well with the chocolate raspberry whisper.

Which brings me to the whisper. All hand-dyed in a beautiful variety of colors. I am really happy with how they turned out. I brought some with me to the dye workshop for the others to dye too and they loved it! This yarn is so soft and it just soaks up the dye. It would make an excellent scarf or it would be a great accent on a felted bag. I just love this yarn!


Now what you have all been waiting for, the sock yarn. I have these skeins so far. I still have a couple more to reskein, which I will try to post up here when I post them on Etsy. I am trying to be better about that. The darker pink has already sold, with the lovely name of Mountain Sunset. I still have Mountain Sunrise, which will be up soon. Actually, all of them will be up soon. Woohoo!


Finally I have this little baby. It is handspun, near sock yarn (actually light sport weight). I need to go even finer. It is superwash, handpainted by me. I am very proud of it. It would be down at Knot Another Hat, but someone bought it before we could even put it in the system. I'm happy that it is going to a good home. Now back to the spinning wheel to make the next beauty!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Lovely colours! What's the fiber content of the ribbon and the whisper yarns?