Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Animal Crackers

The kids and I had fun making animal crackers for my daughter's birthday. It was so much fun!


We made cheese ones from the Smitten Kitchen Whole Wheat Goldfish Cracker Recipe. So easy! I highly recommend it! The crackers come out delicious too! I just end up using regular bleach flour and skip the whole wheat part. Though I'm sure they are good either way. =)


We also made more traditional graham animal cracker ones from the King Arthur's Flour recipe. I substituted graham flour for oat flour, because I have an easier time digesting it. It came out super dry so I added roughly 1/4 cup of milk and they came out just fine. The kids seem to be eating them up!

The cracker cutters came from King Arthur's Flour too! They are just too cute! They are also simple enough that my 4 year old didn't have any trouble using them by himself. I also want to try out Smitten Kitchen's Graham Cracker Recipe, because it looks really good, but it will have to wait for next time!

No comments: