Monday, April 21, 2014

Very Pink Blanket

After Christmas I decided that I needed some really easy knitting. Mindless garter stitch came to mind. For awhile I have been saving some lovely Alpha B yarn to make something spectacularly pink for my daughter. Here is what came out of it: 


The pattern is the Tweed Baby Blanket by Jared Flood (rav link). I love this pattern because it starts with just a single stitch, then increases until it is big enough then decreases back down. All of it is in garter stitch, so it is super simple. Just the project I needed while moving!


Then when the garter stitch is all done the pattern has you pick up stitches all the way around and knit a border. For the yarn, which I have mentioned was Alpha B, I doubled it. You could double any sock yarn to get the recommended DK weight for the blanket. I chose two different solids for the body and then two different, but similar varigated yarns for the border. I also followed the patterns color changes, which are kinda hard to see in the picture. I like how it breaks up the border a little bit. I still have plenty of the yarn left, so I'm sure it will go into another project for the girl child. 


It passes the ultimate test! She likes it! Though would be even happier if it was a super hero cape. She does enjoy cuddling with it. I'm sure it will make a great car blanket too. I've also finished one for her brother, because when you have 2 kids you have to make 2! It just needs to be blocked and I'll share it here too!

No comments: