Monday, July 06, 2009

Happy July!: Recycled Silk

Ack! I am running late this month! We had an awesome 4th of July party! However, it kept Blair and I busy cleaning and cooking. Still totally worth it! We had lots of good friends and family over. I can't wait until next year to do it all over again!

Ok, so onto this month's special: Recycled Silk Yarn! This new yarn is a whole lot of fun! It is handspun by a women's cooperative in India from the leftover waste from silk saris. Then the white fibers are handpicked, but still not completely white. There are little bits of colors or sparkles leftover from the saries mixed with the fibers. Then I when I paint it those bits of color and sparkle still show through. This yarn would be excellent for scarves or bags.

1 comment:

Tina T-P said...

Oh, that is very pretty and my favorite colors too :-)

Were you the one who told me about MaGraths Fish House in Eugene? We ate there on Saturday lunch and it was DELICIOUS!

Happy Anniversary too. T.