Monday, January 21, 2013

X Hoody Finished!

I finally finished the hoody (rav link) for my son!


I think I started it back in August. Then it got put aside for this and for that. Thank goodness it fits him perfectly! I modified the pattern from  Design it! Knit it!: Babies by Debbie Bliss. Her patterns tend to run a bit large. My children also tend to be tall and skinny. So I ended up knitting the 12-18 month size and simply lengthening it  to make it fit my toddler. How I knew how to do this is I picked a shirt of his which fit the way I wanted the sweater to fit. Then I took measurements from the shirt. The shirt I picked was 3T, but ended up being the same width as the 12-18 size. Then I just had to add a couple of inches in length. I love it! My son even loves it! He wore it outside to play on one of the rare sunny days and it kept him nice and toasty. The yarn is Madelintosh Tosh DK in colors Happiness and Norwegian Spruce.