Friday, February 05, 2010

Ripping Yarns

I though it was really funny or one of those strange coincidences when I read Knitting Daily this morning and they had a post on exactly what I wanted to talk about!


My first sweater never quite fit right across the bust or shoulders. It was a little tight and boy was this sweater warm! I knit it out of Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino, a yarn I simply love. I just have been looking at the sweater lately and I realized that I don't think I'm ever going to wear it again, because it just doesn't fit right. Then I started thinking about all those balls of Baby Cashmerino and how I could use them up in baby projects. So the sweater has now been frogged!


Here is the yarn all wound neatly into skeins. Don't think that this was a super easy task, either. The yarn, while machine washable, did felt a tiny bit to itself, making pulling it apart an extra difficult task. Also it shed little fluffs of blue and red yarn everywhere! I think I am going to find those little fluffs for the next 6 months! However, once the yarn had been washed and rewound it is super soft and useable once again. So far I have washed and hung to dry the blue yarn. I have 250 grams of it to play with! I am thinking diaper covers and baby shorts. I think I'll start with the baby shorts, because they are just so cute. There is a bit less of the red yarn. I have washed it, I'm just waiting for it to dry and then I will wind it too and figure out how much there is. Even though it was a big pain to frog the sweater I am very happy with the end result. I like the idea of finding a new purpose for a yarn that wouldn't otherwise be used. I just haven't determined whether this is considered nesting or not!

Shop News: February sale is now up! Superwash Sport yarn is $20 a skein for the month of February!

1 comment:

Spinning Ginny said...

Those are some lovely colors. The blue is going to make some cute little shorts. Enjoy reusing this yarn for some great projects.