Saturday, February 21, 2009

CPSIA Update & More

First off, I am happy to announce that dyed yarns and fabrics are now entirely allowed under the CPSIA. Finally they decided to publish a guide that specifically outlines the new rules. It is available here as a .pdf. So, I have decided that I am going to keep my LavenderLamb Baby Sock Kits! They will remain on sale for the rest of the month and then go back up to their normal price after that.
I also have another new thing to add to the shop, locally made lavender items from Pucker Huddle Farms. Pucker Huddle is a real place located across the river from where I am on the outskirts of White Salmon, WA. She has the most wonderful lavender items all grown and made right here in the Columbia Gorge. The items I got from her are French Lavender Soap, Lavender & Peppermint Goats Milk Soap (which smells absolutely wonderful), lavender sachets, and two different lavender botanical notecards. You can check them out in the new lavender products section of the website as well as the classic Lavender Sheep soap made by Spinning Ginny.


Lastly, I will leave you with a bit of knitting content. A couple of years ago I bought myself some Kauni yarn with the plan that I would knit it into a sweater for me. There are lots of designs available for the yarn. I have been quite taken by a few of them, but couldn't ever decide which one I wanted to make. Well, I have decided I will make up my own pattern. I knit up this sample tube from some ideas I had sketched out in my sketch book. I took lots of notes and I have started the sweater this last week. I should have in progress photos next week as well as some other things that have sprung onto the needles. Can you guess which pattern I chose for my sweater?

No comments: