Wednesday, January 07, 2009

First Off the Needles in 2009!

I am putting a small dent in the last of the Christmas knitting! Next year I think I am going to cut back, but it has been lots of fun this year.


First off the needles are these pretty purple socks for my friend Amy. They are knit with Trekking #76. I might just have to track down another ball of this for a pair for myself. They are so pretty! I also tried out a new heel. It is a no-wrap short row heel. I like that it leaves absolutely no holes in the heel, but I'm not sure about the ridge it creates instead. I might have to experiment a little more to see if I can solve it.


Next up are a pair of Karen's Sugar Free Socks, by Gardiner Yarn Works. I really love these socks! They are super simple, but look really complicated. I shortened the cuff by one repeat, which means that I got both socks out of two balls of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran, with just a tiny bit leftover from both balls. They also make me really happy because for each purchase of the pattern GYW will donate $2 to diabetes research. How cool is that? Awesome socks and giving to a good cause! I gave them to my grandmother yesterday and she just loved them!


Lastly on the Christmas to-do list is this very beautiful bag. It is the Felted Stain Glass Fan Bag by Madeleine Langan . I am using up bits of leftover Noro Kureyon. I figured out that each scallop uses 4 grams of Noro, so it uses up a lot of leftovers. I think I have 3, maybe 4 different colors in the bag. It is a great stash buster and looks totally awesome too! I gave it to my mother pretty much as is on Christmas morning and she loved it! Now to finish up and sew in all the ends, then into the washer it goes to be felted down. All that is really left is the bottom and the top with the handle. It's so exciting!

Also, don't forget that the blog contest is still going on! Thanks to those that have already voted. I am tallying the votes as we speak!

No comments: