Monday, March 17, 2008

The Most Perfect Day!

Let me just start with saying that my husband is the most awesome guy ever! First off he got me tickets to Cirque du Soleil's show Corteo for Christmas! I was so excited, because I have wanted to go to a Cirque show for the past 8 years and something has always prevented it. Not this year! Though I had to wait all the way until March to go. Then a couple of weeks ago I found out that the Abernethy Grange Fiber Sale was on the same day!

I figured that I couldn't go, but my husband asked when it was and said that we could go before the show. So he took me to Abernathy Grange in Oregon City. I did a bit of fiber shopping, which I will probably share later! Then he took me out to lunch and we had enough time to stop by Powells and a couple of other places downtown before we had to go to the show.

Here is the fabulous tent as we drove in to see Corteo. It is really cool. The show was really awesome and absolutely worth it. We already have plans for going to the next one that comes into Portland!


Lastly, I will leave you with this awesome shot that I got when the show was over. The sun was just setting, the rain clouds had passed and it was the perfect picture to end a perfect day!

2 comments:

knitseashore said...

Lucky you -- how much fun!!! I'm so glad it all worked out.

ahousefullofboys said...

Sounds like you had a day of fun and fiber. What could be better?