Wednesday, January 09, 2008

New Yarn! Worsted Wool/Silk

Here is the ninth yarn that I would like to introduce you to:


It is 50% merino wool and 50% tussah silk. It is a luxury worsted weight yarn. It is similar to the worsted wool, but has that 1/2 silk that makes it extra nice to work with. It comes in 4 oz and has 250 yards and would be suitable for a needle size of 7-9US.


I chose this particular yarn because I have worked with a similar yarn called Venezia Worsted by Cascade. It is what I made the wine bottle bag out of, which was an incredible yarn. I wasn't able to make a sample out of this one, because I didn't have time. Though I am pretty sure that it would felt similar to the Wool/Silk Single.


It would be ideal for hats, scarves, mittens, or any other project that calls for a worsted weight yarn.

I listed up 4 skeins of this yarn in my etsy shop. The 4 that are listed are Mountain Sunset, Sea Turtle, Cabernet, and Dragon Fire. So, let me know what you think! Blog contest details are listed here. Don't forget to check out the Wool Lace, Silk Sport, Wool/Silk Single, Silk Boucle, Silky Sock, Wool Single, Alpaca Boucle, and Worsted Wool.

25 comments:

Elaine said...

Ooh I get to go first this time.

I like it alot - I love worsted, singles, silk - what more could you ask for, and I like that for most of the colorways they are muted.

edina said...

Gorgeous - I love the Sea Turtle colorway!

Anonymous said...

I think this one is a real winner - the colors are subtle and lovely.

teabird said...

Yes. Oh, yes. And again, the sea turtle is just spectacular.

Anonymous said...

I really like this one.

purple-power said...

I like it too - I like the softness.

Ruby Banshee said...

I would try this. I've never used silk tussah before. The mountain sunset looks really beautiful in this one.

Unknown said...

Lovely! I wish I could squoosh it! I would want to find just the perfect project for this yarn, I'm sure it wouldn't be tough!

Anonymous said...

I like it too.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful, the mountain sunset is spectacular. This one is a keeper. Teri

Anonymous said...

I just found a scarf project I would like to make and it calls for worsted. This is the type of yarn I would use for it because I love wool/silk blends. I like this yarn.

Amy (kewpiedoll)

turvid said...

It looks beautiful, I love all the colors.

ColibriDreams said...

This is the one! I love these! Especially the Sea Turtle, it's perfect! And the Mountain Sunset looks really good on this yarn, better than in some of te others. Cabernet s nice, too. You should definitively keep these in your shop!

KnitaSaur said...

Pretty pretty! Love! Worsted, silk, beautiful colors! Love!

monica said...

Once again, I'm on board with this one. I absolutely love the subtlety in the coloring. I agree with Amy that this would be a good scarf yarn - I can think of several patterns I'd like to try with this yarn. Good job!

aruni said...

beautiful! i love the cabernet.

Jen C said...

I'd definitely be interested in this one since I was a little afraid the wool/silk singles pill too easily. The colors are great too

ikkinlala said...

I like this one too.

Turtle said...

Mountain sunset and sea turtle...yes! And silk/wool combo? Love it. I have knit with bamboo/wool but have not got to try the silk yet.

dodo said...

I like the combination silk/wool yarn. I love the Sea Turtle one. I think the name is really appropriate :)

Anonymous said...

This doesn't have the sheen I thought it would. Kind of like silky wool. This one looks like a winner.

Missy said...

Wow, this is gorgeous. I love the sea turtle color. Great job!

Sharon Rose said...

These colorways are too muted for me but I love wool/silk. You're making some excellent choices!

squiggi said...

love, love, love it.
the cabernet color is wonderful

Amy L said...

I haven't tried felting yet, but you have made me want to give it a try. The Montain Sunset is my favorite shade.