Wednesday, August 24, 2011

New Yarn! Panda Silk Sock

A long time ago I used to dye this yarn. Then I had complications getting it from my supplier and I was also dyeing plain Panda Sock, so I decided I wouldn't carry it any more. Then my supplier discontinued Panda Sock, but seems to have an ample supply of Panda Silk Sock, so I am happily going back to dyeing this yarn!



So, what is the difference between Panda Sock and Panda Silk Sock? Well, the lovely addition of 5% silk. Which turns this already lovely yarn into a drapey work of art. This yarn is 52% Bamboo 43% Superwash Wool and 5% Silk. It is a fingering / sock weight and should be knit on #1-3US. It has 100 grams and 400 yards per skein, which is ample for a pair of socks, a scarf, or a small shoulder shawl.



I first introduced this yarn at Sock Summit and it literally flew out the door. Make sure to check it out!

No comments: