Friday, January 28, 2011

Willie Sweater

I have been knitting another sweater for X (rav link). I got the yarn for this sweater while I was in Dublin on purpose for knitting this sweater. I love it! The pattern is Willie! by Pamela Wynne. I also think the backstory for this design is super sweet. You can read about it here.


Here is the front.


Here it is all laid out. It is so super cute!!! To make the bigger sizes extra length is added to the dog!


So, I have run into one slight difficulty, which is entirely my own fault. I ran out of the main color of yarn about 2 rows from finishing! I was terribly sad about it, then I tried looking for the yarn. I am doubling Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK to get the bulky weight the sweater calls for. Like I said above I bought the yarn in Dublin. So first I tried looking on Ravelry, and nobody had the yarn even in their stash in the color, which is #041. Then I tried looking at the advertising retailers. I think only 1 had it and they wanted $9 for the yarn. So I went back and looked at the yarn store I bought it from in Dublin, called This is Knit. Doing a little math they wanted 5.99 euro for the yarn, which came out to pretty much the same price as buying it over here. Postage included I got the whole ball for $12.25. This worked out wonderfully since they still had the same dyelot in stock and everything. I think it took about a week to get here.

Oh, and the reason I ran out of yarn is actually 2-fold. First the lady at the shop recommended I buy 4 balls and I somehow thought I would be just fine with 3. The second reason was I added length to it is so it will fit my skinny little guy for an extra long time. I don't know why I didn't connect adding length to needing more yarn. Anyway, the yarn is here (as pictured above) and the super cute sweater will be finished post haste. Of course the weather has decided to reach up to the 50s just as I am finishing this extra warm and snuggly sweater. Hopefully we will get one more snow storm so we can put this sweater to good use!

3 comments:

Davy said...

What a super cute sweater! X is going to look very dashing in it =)

Robin said...

That is so funny! I just downloaded that pattern from Ravelry the other night. My youngest son will be daddy to a baby boy this May. He has a dachshund so I just have to make this sweater!

LavenderSheep said...

It is an awesome sweater. I'll definitely post more when it is finished. I need to go on a hunt for buttons soon!