Monday, March 01, 2010

Returning Knitting

One of the really cool things about knitting for other people and their babies is that occasionally the knitting comes back home for a visit. Here is what I mean:


I first knit this gorgeous ladybug sweater for my friend Destiny (rav link) when she had her little boy. Well as soon as she found out that I was going to have a little boy she told me that I could borrow the sweater back! I am sure my little guy will just love this sweater as much as her little boy did! It is 0-3 month, so I am sure he will only get to wear it a couple of times before it will be too small. Still I will try to get as much use out of it as I can and keep it in the awesome condition it already is in. That's what makes a good family heirloom!


The 2nd sweater to return home is this Debbie Bliss Baby Hoody in Blue (rav link). I knit this up several years ago for Knot Another Hat as a shop sample. I think it was the first time I knit this pattern and one of the first shop samples I knit for the shop. Sarah was doing some cleaning out of old samples and thought I would like to see this one back. I love it, especially since I just finished the same pattern in red. It's such an easy throw over the top baby hoody, I am sure I will get lots of use out of it!

I am getting pretty excited! I am down to less than 3 weeks! I think we have pretty much everything, just need to assemble things like the crib and get everything washed and ready!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Ahhhh! 3 weeks, wow the time went quickly from my perspective. I'm sure not from yours though. Try to stay comfortable as best you can.

Spinning Ginny said...

Wow, 3 wks left. Bet your getting really excited. Hope that you stay as comfortable as possible.