Monday, April 06, 2009

Yay for Spring!

I actually put up my first load of laundry on the clothes line today! It makes me feel so happy and spring like to do that. It means it really can't be winter forever!



Speaking of sunshine and Spring, I realized that I haven't posted a picture of the sunshiny yellow baby socks (Rav) I knit for my cousin! I gave them to her this weekend and she was very happy. She really loves handmade things and was duly appreciative. Now I just have to wait for her to find out whether she is going to have a girl or a boy and then I will have to find a really great project to knit. Maybe even Dale of Norway...


The other thing that has recently come off the needles is the Frequency Hat, by Donna Arney of Gardiner Yarn Works. It is knit out of one skein of navajo plied handspun, which means it is a 3-ply yarn. It turned out to be a heavy worsted weight yarn. I knit the largest size, which fits my head just perfectly. It is a very warm hat that will get lots of use next winter. For those of you that spin the colorway is Child's Play Spot, which I dyed using some Targhee Wool that a friend gave to me. I haven't ever worked with this kind of wool before and I found it to be a very dense warm fiber. I have one 3 7/8oz bundle of Child's Play Spot in Merino wool left! After seeing how pretty it is spun up I definitely plan on dyeing up more in the future!

No comments: