Thursday, May 29, 2008

Sew - Sew!

I wanted to share some finished objects, just they are sewn objects!


Up first is a little eye mask for my husband. He doesn't like it this time of year because the sun comes right in our window and wakes him up too early. So I promised to make him an eye mask to block out the sun. My only trouble is that I didn't have any wide elastic on hand. So I thought about it and boxers have wide elastic! He has a few pairs that he wasn't going to ever wear again. This particular pair I bought him while we were going to school at UO (Go ducks!). I think they are awesome! I took them apart and was surprised to find that the elastic on the inside was superman! So, I put it all together with a bit of organic cotton batting and it works perfectly! It is super soft and keeps out all but the brightest light!

My other sew-sew project is a crayon & coloring book bag (pdf). I saw one of these on another blog and thought that it would be perfect. A friend's daughter is turning 6 in June. Her favorite color is purple (which I can totally relate to). It was a really quick and easy project to do. I don't even sew all that much, but the directions were really easy to follow. It also only needs 3 fat quarters to make it, though I used fabric from my stash. My only complaint is that the pattern itself doesn't have a picture of a finished example. I only knew what it looked like from seeing one online. Though now that you have seen one, you can make one too!

My other so-so news is that my husband will be travelling to North Carolina over the next couple of weeks for work. This includes my birthday! However he is going to make it up to me in a yarnie sort of way, so all is good. Though if any of you guys have any insight into the area around Lenoir or Hickory, NC, please let me know!

This does mean that there will be a slight delay to getting my website up. We have been bustling around here trying to get everything together for his departure. I am still working on it and yarn orders. They are just in between making packing lists and mapping the nearest yarn stores! However it should give me a little more time to give you some little sneak peaks into some of the new yarns I am dyeing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice job! Every man should have a Superman eyemask (& ours would be Wonder Woman)!!

Unknown said...

I live about and hour and half west of Hickory. I can help youif you come this way!