Friday, April 25, 2008

Oh Baby!

I have been knitting for babies like a crazy person. They have both been gifted, so I think that it is safe to share with you guys.

This sweater was gifted just in the knick of time! I gifted it last night and I just heard that the mother was off to the hospital this morning. I hope everything is going well for them!

I do really love this sweater. It took less than a ball of Kraemer's Little Lehigh Pebbles in color It's a Boy! I have another ball of this so I might just have to make this sweater again. I love the little color flecks in the yarn and it really shows off the pattern really well. The pattern is the Fred Textured Sweater from Natural Knits for Babies and Moms. I wish I had a picture of the cute buttons, but just take it for granted that they are adorable!

I found the most adorable buttons for the Harvey Kimono as well. They are little wooden buttons with sail boats on them. The only thing that I changed is I put snaps on the inside flap instead of buttons. I felt like snaps would lay flat whereas buttons would stick up and be uncomfortable, not to mention a pain to button and unbutton all the time.

I really love this pattern too. I think I have enough yarn to do another one of these as well. It is knit out of Henry's Attic Inca Cotton and the pattern is the Harvey Kimono from Natural Knits for Babies and Moms. There are a lot of good patterns from this book that I can see myself knitting up.

No comments: