Friday, February 08, 2008

Yes! I am still alive...

I got a call from one of my friends today to make sure that I am still alive. Yes, indeed I am! This cold really sucks. I was feeling all back to my normal self on Sunday and Monday, when it all hit again on Tuesday. It started again with a sore throat and then sniffles. It did the same thing to my husband, so we have spent most of the week resting, watching dvds, and knitting. Well I have been knitting and he has been surfing the internet and working remotely from home. My big knitting accomplishment can't be shared right now here, but I can share some other things I am working on:

I started a washcloth. At least I think it is a washcloth, it hasn't decided quite yet. I just got 2 of the new harmony guides, knit & purl and lace & eyelets. I was thinking it would be nice and easy on my cold addled brain to try out one of the stitches. This one is called Checkerboard and is out of the knit & purl book. It is definitely super easy. Every other row is just knit! what could be better than that? It is knit out of Cascade Cotton Rich in Color #5186 Sour Apple.


I also started a pair of mitts in my Provence colorway. I love my bad girl mitts, but I really love this color too. I figure that I will knit one mitt in Bad Girl and one mitt in Provence. Whichever one I like the best I will knit a second one for myself. And the third? Well, Knot Another Hat needs a store model for my upcoming mitts class in March and that 3rd one will work perfectly!

I think that is it for knitting news! I have a bunch of things going on that I can't wait to share with all of you. Unfortunately, for now, they will have to remain a secret!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear you're on the mend and hope you feel even better this week. I do like those greens and purples... i think it's a great plan! ;)