Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Interweave Hurt Book Sale

Oh, I am so very very happy. I bought 5 books at the Interweave Hurt Book Sale. It is really cool, they sell off books that are less than perfect, like they have a small defect for 50%-75% less than cover price. There are quite a few books that I had on my list from Interweave that I was glad to get today. I got, before they all sold out:

Color Works, by Deb Menz - I have her first book Color in Spinning and just love it.

A History of Handknitting - My husband really wanted this book so I got it for him.

In Sheep's Clothing - I have looked at this book several times before, but always found something else to buy. It is a great resource because it goes through 100 different types of sheep and tells how to best process and spin each one, then it goes into what types of garments the wool is best suited for. I think that it will be a great read and something that I will refer back to a lot.

Interweave's Compendium of Finishing Techniques
- I got this book because I thought it would be interesting to look at. It is always interesting to have a new or different way finish something and I love coming up with my own patterns.

Men in Knits - I got this because I came to the realization that there are not a lot of patterns out there just for guy sweaters. I found this to be really true when I decided to knit one for my husband. I finally found the one below that I am going to do for the Knitting Olympics, but I really would like more patterns to make for my husband.

So, those are the books I got. I am so tempted to go and buy more. They have such good prices. They still have more books, so go and take a look, you may find something that you always wanted but have put on that waiting list behind other books. They have great prices, which can't be beat.

***Note: All the book links are to Amazon, that is because I don't know how long the books will last at the Interweave sale and I wanted you to see which books that I am talking about.

No comments: