Monday, November 17, 2014

Dolly

Quite a few years ago I bought a copy of Jess Hutchison's Unusual Toys for you to Knit and Enjoy. The book has since gone out of print. I have held onto it, knowing I would knit something from it someday. 



Today is the day! I knit this little dolly (rav link) for my cousin's daughter. It was a lot of fun and knit up quickly. I think I might need to make a couple more of these. The only thing I added was the hair. I doubled Dale of Norway Baby Ull for the yarn and went down to a size #6US needle for the slightly finer gauge. The reason I did this was because I had the yarn in my stash and it was flesh colored, which is actually pretty hard to find. I also only used a single strand for the border around the dress, because the ruffle kept coming out too big. Overall, I love this little dolly. It's just the right size for little hands to hold onto.



No comments: