Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Studio Tour: The Wet Studio!

So one of my plans for my new studio in the new house is to actually have 2 studios. One is a wet studio, where all the messy wet stuff can be done. The other is a dry studio, where things like winding yarn, sewing, carding, and so many other dry activities can be done. Today we are going to focus on the wet studio!


Here is the whole room, which is probably about the size of my old studio! So much space! On the right is my dye table ready to dye yarn. I propped it up on bricks so it is a standing table. So much better then bending over at a regular table. 


Here are a couple of my drying racks. I also have a laundry line outside, which will come in handy as the days get warmer! I have lots of plans for dyeing lots of yarn this summer! Maybe even classes, if I can get  them all organized!


My first custom order in the new studio! It's out the door already. It definitely got me into the swing of things, so if there is something in particular you want, just ask!


My very own faucet. The wet studio is an addition to the house, which means this lovely faucet was left behind with the remodel. It actually comes in very handy! I fill all my buckets using it, then when I'm done I dump the wooly water on the garden.


Also, since the wet studio is the closest to natural light I have setup my photo area there as well. Not exactly a wet activity, but we go where the light is! I'm still tweaking it a bit to figure out the best spot, but I think it will work for now. 

I'm almost done with my dry studio. Just need to assemble a couple of Ikea shelves and then I'll do a tour of it too! It is customer ready. So if you are in the area and want to take a look at things in person, feel free to drop me a line! I've already had a couple people through who have thought it was pretty awesome!

No comments: