Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Melker

I love this pattern! This is the Melker pattern from Pickles (rav link). The newborn size is free, but you have to pay for the bigger sizes.


What I really really love is the story behind this sweater. Blair went into Portland by himself. While there he did a bit of yarn shopping for me. He brought home these 3 balls of purple Cascade 220 Superwash and asked me if I would knit something for our baby girl. Of course I couldn't refuse him and went looking around for a pattern. I already had my eye on this one, so thought the 2 made a perfect match. 











Here are the matching hat and booties. The truth is even though I love purple (as you can tell), I actually don't find myself knitting with it all that often. I knit with a lot of blue and green. So this was a lot of fun to try out colors somebody else picked out and create a cute set for our little one! I'm sure she will love these warm woolies and hopefully they will still fit her come fall!


No comments: