Wednesday, March 23, 2011

On the Road...

I have been fairly busy lately what with the Portland Yarn Crawl and last weekend's Abernethy Grange Sale. So I thought I would combine both events into one big post as a start to everything I have to catch up on!


This first yarn is from Wynona Studios. I went with my cousin on Friday of the Portland Yarn Crawl and we visited Wynona and Pico Accuardi Dyeworks. Neither of us had been to Wynona Studios before, so it was fairly interesting. Mostly they rent out equipment for people to use at the shop, like looms and sewing machines. They also sell recycled yarn, like this beautiful 100% cashmere yarn above. There is around 550 yards of DK weight cashmere and it cost me only $13!!! I chose the white because, of course, I can dye it any color I choose. Now to decide what to make with it!

 
On Sunday I went and spent the day hanging out with Donna and Colin of Plover Designs at For Yarn's Sake. Of course when you sit me next to the Madelintosh and Malabrigo Sock yarn all day I have to come home with something, it's just too tempting! I have no idea what these will be either, but they will be something pretty. I think the Madelintosh (the green on the bottom) will probably end up being a scarf or something since it is a single ply. I'm thinking the Malabrigo (the pink on the top) might be a pair of socks or maybe a baby something for the next person I know having a girl.


This is pretty much what the setup looked like for both locations. Blair is only sitting there temporarily to check his phone. The guys hung out doing fun guy things like visiting the lego store and fry's electronics while I sold my wares. This is actually at Abernethy Grange. I'm happy this show is back and hopefully by next year it will draw in the crowds again.

Now we are down to the last few weeks before the Columbia Gorge Fiber Festival! I am busy busy busy with last minute details, but I'm having loads of fun in the process. Hopefully I will be back soon with knitting and yarn!

No comments: