Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Look Ma, No Pants!

Shorts and Leg Warmers to be exact!

Technically I still need to put elastic around the waist of these, but I am going to call them done for now. They are 6 month size, so plenty of time before X needs them. They are the Baby Shorts (Rav link) from Debbie Bliss book Essential Baby. They were pretty easy to knit although my mind kept wandering with all the stockinette involved. I keep thinking there must be a way to knit these all in the round. I'm sure there is a pattern out there already for it too, I just need to look around for one. I actually finished these before X got here, so a little time delay there. I knit them out of some of the recycled yarn from my sweater that I talked about back here. Which was Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino in it's original form.



I just finished these baby legwarmers (Rav Link). I finished the first one right after X was born and then zipped through the second one shortly after that. The yarn was an awesome find at Knot Another Hat at their Spring Sale. It was a 50 gram skein on Abundant Yarn & Dyeworks yarn, which is now Pico Accuardi Dyeworks in color Charlotte's Eyes. I only paid $4 for it! I knit the legwarmers and I'm pretty sure I can get a pair of socks for him out of the leftovers. I now have a love for baby legwarmers! I might have to do a bit of stash diving for some other random 50g skeins of sock yarn to make even more! The pattern I used was Leg Warmers from The Expectant Knitter by Marie Connolly.

3 comments:

penny said...

ooh i have that book, in book proof form (thank you strand books) and had just passed that pattern as nothing special. thank you for changing my mind! and i think i have bits of 50g skeins here and there. what a great quick easy gift!

the lack of "in the round" is what keeps me from knitting many debbie bliss items because i don't always feel like figuring out the conversion. i hate seaming...

Unknown said...

Awww those feet are so cute.
Hope you are all keeping well and getting enough rest and/or sleep.
Spring is sprung here and everything is growing fast.
Love the legwarmers too.
Anne.uk.

Spinning Ginny said...

awwwwww, those feet are just adorable and the leg warmers are too cute! Hope you all are doing well, and getting ready for spring. Spring finally arrived here in Winchendon, MA.