Monday, November 10, 2008

Hats Off to Christmas Knitting!

I have been knitting! Lots and lots of knitting. I planned this year to knit super simple things for Christmas. I have this hope that I will be able to start another sweater for me before Christmas. Anyway, here is my progress so far:


That is 5 hats for 5 lucky Christmas recipients. They are all guy hats and have been approved by my husband as good manly hats. I really loved making these. They were super fast. The pattern is Jared Flood's Turn a Square Hat (rav link). I think it took me about 2 weeks to make all of these hats. I knit them out of Cascade 220 Superwash and Noro Silk Garden Color #245. What was really awesome is that I figured out that with one ball of Cascade 220 Superwash and one ball of Noro Silk Garden I can get 3 hats!

The other quick knit I just finished up is this set of spa cloths. The pattern is aptly named Spa Cloth Set and is from Gardiner Yarn Works. It is super easy to knit up. I knit this out of an organic cotton that is available through Henry's Attic. I knit these on 8s instead of 7s because of the slightly bulkier yarn. I also took out one pattern repeat due to the bigger gauge. All changes were entirely due to my own stubbornness and had nothing to do with with the fabulously well written pattern. The pattern actually gives two choices for spa cloths, but I liked this one the best! It looks cabled, but really it is all done with yarn-overs, k2tog, and ssk.

So, if you are looking for a quick and easy knit for the holiday season I really recommend these two patterns! I will have more quick knits in the near future. I have decided that this year is the year for quick knits!

No comments: