Monday, September 24, 2007

Rosepath

One of our regular customers, who also takes quite a few classes, asked for a beaded knitting class. I started thinking about it and got an idea in my head. I started searching all over for a pattern, but nothing was quite what I wanted. So, I decided to design something myself. This is the first time I have ever charted lace and it was a lot of fun. I have it all done and the pattern will be available soon:


I named it Rosepath, because the first weaving pattern I ever did was called rosepath. My grandmother set up a rosepath scarf on the loom. It was really incredible to me. For those of you who don't weave, rosepath is a diamond pattern with a dot in the middle. For my scarf it is a diamond with a bead in the middle. Very fitting I think.


Rosepath is knit out of La Luz silk in Color#17121 Poppies, which is a lucious wonderful yarn that I highly recommend. Though how can you go wrong with 100% handpainted silk? Sarah thought it would be a good idea to work together with a local bead store. So I need to make 2 of these. One for display at Knot Another Hat and another one to be on display at the bead shop, Ikote. I am nearly done with this first one. It just needs to be blocked. The pattern will be free in the shop with the purchase of a skein of the La Luz silk. It will also be for sale as a .pdf download through Knot Another Hat. I'll let you know when it is up.


I also have a Finished Object to show off. These are my felted clogs all felted and finished and everything. I love them a whole lot. I am letting the shop borrow them for display for the holiday season to give people some inspiration. They are knit out of Naturally Nazareth Color #1303 Winter and Cascade 22o Color #9457 Cobalt. I just love how the Naturally Nazareth felted. The colors just blended together and turned out just perfect!


I also have started a new class on the Forest Canopy Shawl. This is a great beginner shawl that is a lot of fun to teach. I have started a new shawl to knit with the class out of Miner Creek Alpaca in Color #111 Catherine Creek. This yarn is super awesome. I bought it months ago as a special skein just for me. I'm just not sure who the shawl will go to. I might just keep it for myself, but I haven't totally decided yet.


There was a little bit of excitement this last week. A small forest fire was started by a spark from a train across the river. This is the view from Knot Another Hat's balcony. Thankfully it was contained very quickly. A couple of houses were lost, but nobody was hurt. Here's the local newspaper's account of it, if you would like to know more.

Last, but not least, here are a few pics of our D&D night while we are fighting a big pink blob. Pics thanks to Amy, the rockinest pink haired gnome ever! My character is in the back (most of the time), that's right far far away from the snowball of doom!

Next Post: Oregon Flock & Fiber

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet Kathy is just loving the beads and knit stuff! She's just the coolest ever. I love the pattern!

Penny said...

awesome pattern, beautiful yarn for your forest canopy shawl and you are so very kind to lend your clogs out for the cooler season (even if they are for inspiration!)

glad to hear things are well and you're having some fun. :)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that I am not the only fiber artist who role plays!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see your Forest Canopy Shawl!

knitseashore said...

Rosepath is beautiful!!! I love the diamond pattern and think it will be a great success (perfect Christmas gift).