Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Shawl Shapes

I was very lucky to get to take a class with Veera Valimaki this last Sunday at Happy Knits in Portland! Here is what I made in class:


Veera walked us through all the basic shawl shapes. She had us start a simple shawl of any style and then start adding texture to it, any simple pattern. Then to add surprises she suggested adding short rows and color and other fun things. I enjoyed this moment of playing with my knitting of just adding things as I felt like it. It was very freeing. It was also just a lot of fun to take a class. Sure I could have learned all this stuff on my own, but really it was great to go take a class and try something new. It was an adventure! I definitely plan on taking more classes in the future! If you have a chance to take a class with Veera, sign up for it! She is a really interesting person and I enjoyed her class very much!

No comments: