Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Hummingbirds

I am so excited because we finally put up a couple of bird feeders. So far we haven't attracted the song birds I hear twittering in the trees, but we have managed to attract a couple of hummingbirds!


They love to perch on what should be the hangers for the seed bird feeders. This one especially likes this spot and will sit there and watch the other hummingbirds fly around before chasing after them.


They just love this hummingbird feeder. I love it too! I found it at Lowes and I think I just might need another one. So far we are getting a couple different ones which we think are Rufous Hummingbirds, or Allen. We have both in the area, so we might just be getting both. 

They also like to look in the window at us which gives us a strange feeling of who is really watching who. I have some plans for putting in some hummingbird friendly plants in the future, now that I know they are here and like our feeder. 

No comments: