Monday, October 29, 2007

Applesauce Time!

When it starts to look like this outside:


Then it is probably time to pick apples:


I just love this time of year. These are the culls off of the big apple trees. They make excellent applesauce.

All of those apples made all of this applesauce. That's 7 quarts for the freezer and a bunch more for some friends of ours. We'll have applesauce all winter long. I especially love to use applesauce as pie filling for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I just thicken it a bit with either flour or cornstarch and add a little more cinnamon and it is perfect for apple pie. After this photo, my kitchen received a thorough cleaning and looks much better than it did here.

I have been knitting a little bit too. I just finished seaming the Debbie Bliss Baby Hoody. I knit it with Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran in #603 Dusty Pink.


I am almost done with this quick little holiday project. It is a wine bottle bag. I just have a few more rows to go and an i-cord draw string and it will be perfect. I am knitting it out of the brand new Venezia Worsted in color #101 Cream. It is 70% Merino and 30% silk, what more could a knitter ask for? I just love it! I'll have more details when I get it all done.

No comments: