Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Gift Ideas - Free Patterns

The holiday season is upon us (or at least it is for me). I have been working on a couple of patterns for my class in December. I am teaching a Last Minute Knitted Gifts class in the last two weeks before Christmas. For the class you can choose to make a hat, or a scarf, or a bag, or an eye pillow.
This is my final set of Eye Pillows. There are two options: one plain and one with a simple cable. They are made out of La Luz (100% silk, 220 yards/2 oz) and knit on 5s (3.75mm) either straight or circular needles. What is awesome is that you can get 3 eye pillows out of one skein of La Luz. It is so luxurious that I know it would make a great gift for a variety of people. Mine even have lavender from my garden so they smell extra nice and really relaxing.


My second free pattern is for a holiday gift bag. It is made from Ivy (50% alpaca 45% merino 5% estellina, 137 yards/50g). It is such a luxurious yarn to knit with. I really love working with it. It also has a slight sparkle that is very delicate and perfect for holiday things. I think I might have to make a sweater out of this yarn at some point. It would also work well for a hat or a scarf. This bag took less than a ball on size 8 (5 mm) needles.

So, go and check them out and let me know what you think. I had a lot of fun designing them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very nice! yet another reason i wish that oregon was closer to brooklyn. I like the eye pillow idea. :) i wish i had a garden... i love lavendar.

YarnB said...

I love those eye pillow patterns!! I will have to make some of those. And I have a huge lavendar plant in my yard!