Monday, November 05, 2012

Think Pink!

My cousin recently had a baby girl and I promised her something pink!



This is the Debbie Bliss Ribbon Cardigan (rav link). I knit it out of Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino. It called for a ribbon trim, but I couldn't bring myself to actually add it, since I think it would mostly be annoying to a baby. Besides, I think it's super cute without it! I love the buttons, which I found at the Button Emporium in downtown Portland!

Then, since I still had plenty of yarn I thought I would make a hat. This is my go to hat for baby knitting (rav link). It's cute and fun. Really easy to knit, and best of all the pattern is free on Ravelry. I have knit it a few times for other people and I always love the result. Not to mention people love to receive it as a gift too! I started with 3 balls of baby cashmerino and I think after knitting the cardigan and hat I still have enough to knit a hat for F, if I can get to it before she grows out of it that is!

No comments: